New York - Washington D.C
14.01.2011 - 14.01.2011 -3 °C
Day 7: New York - Washington D.C
FIRST DAY OF CONTIKI!!!!
- Maryland (rocky steps and statue....do do da do, do da do, dooo dooooo)
- Philly (gorgeous old town full of history where we saw the liberty bell and the declaration of independence, we also tried a cheese steak on reccommendation of the tour guide, let me just say only americans would like this....shredded sirloine steak in between cheese and in a roll ewwww)
- The United States Naval Academy (ooohhh we love a man in uniform, and this is the most prestigeous academy in the USA, 18000 apply they take 1200, they need to complete their course in 4 years and if they fail or drop out before then they have to pay back the government $350000!!! They have to work out a minimum of 3 hours a day and the stuff they have to do is just fully insane. I fell in love with a marine there that was a cross between Jake Gyllanhall and that dude from Step Up WOW)
- Washington D.C (AMAZING....this place is quite something and considering we were standing about 20 metres from the White House I'd say pretty good first day for D.C)
- 9+ Hours on a bus (fun and quicker than you would imagine when you have a chick like Camille as your tour guide)
Ok so I know these posts are getting shorter and shorter, will probably soon become near non-existent its just so hard to find any time, or if you do which is usually late at night your so dog tired its the last thing you want to do!!! BUT I will try and keep it up as a record of our trip!
Today was the first day of our contiki tour, and as much as its sad to say goodbye to a city like NY, we were both excited (and a little nervous) to get on to the tour. This meant waking up ridiculously early and heading to the meeting spot, it was a bit funny coz everyone was kinda akward with each other but Tahns and I met a cool couple of chicks and guys we clicked with instantly which made us feel better!! There was meant to be 54 on tour, but 2 didnt rock up so we left without them....seems to be a real mix of people on tour, but most of all they seem nice enough and a friendly bunch! Had a good group pizza party with them tonight and I think everyone will just relax more and more with other over the next day or two. Tomorrow night is party night in Georgetown where apparently its a pretty cool scene where the navy boys let loose, our topur guide is hilarious and I swear she will be more drunk than any of us!! This will be a great tour I know it already!!